- Parent Category: Our School
- Published on Tuesday, 01 September 2009 11:19
While Social Studies is offered as a separate class, the Social Studies and English curriculum is considered interdisciplinary under the banner of Humanities. Teachers work closely in order to demonstrate the connection between literature and history and to promote reading comprehension in both subject areas. The goal of the Social Studies program is to:
- Promote an understanding of human cultural history
- Explore the institutionalization of human values
- Instill an appreciation of global environmental issues
- Promote an understanding of self through the study of others, past and present
See example syllabi below for more detail. Honors US History is offered to qualified students.