At a Glance
- Parent Category: About Us
- Published on Monday, 24 August 2009 12:05
- Co-educational Day and Boarding.
- Just north of Los Angeles, set on 150 beautiful acres in Ojai, California, 20 minutes from the beaches of Southern California.
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS).
- Members of National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), Western Boarding Schools Association (WBSA) and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS).
- Challenging, integrated & inquiry-based college-preparatory experience.
- Progressive, child-centered elementary and early childhood programs
that integrate state standards while honoring the whole child.
- Average class size of 12-18.
- A rich extracurricular program including fine, performing and practical
arts, foreign language, environmental and outdoor education, team sports and travel.
- A caring community dedicated to academic excellence while fostering
mindfulness, understanding, and awareness of self, others, and the world.
- Family-style residential program for high school students.
- Vegetarian campus with organic gardens.
- Environmentally friendly facilities and practices.
- Graduates accepted at top colleges and universities worldwide.
- SAT scores surpass national averages among both public and private high schools.
- Immersion ESL program available for high school students.
- The only Krishnamurti school in North America, with sister schools that include India's Rishi Valley and the UK's Brockwood Park schools.
- 12th grade students participate in a month-long signature trip to India.